Thursday, January 1, 2015

Coincidences

I had a job at an apartment complex, or community as the manager preferred to refer to it, and part of my job was cleaning apartments when people had moved out. One day I was removing items left in an apartment. I had Laurie Anderson's song "Let X=X" going through my mind. Specifically it was part referring to a Swiss army knife. I opened a drawer in the kitchen, and in the drawer was A Swiss army knife. I think I may still have it somewhere. (We could keep items abandoned in apartments.) I watched two films together, one was a Russian movie and the other was English. They were not alike, but they had one small element in common. There was a bed in both with sheets with apples on them. I was living in a house with several people. There was one guy who was my friend while he was living there. Sometimes I would have odd changes in what I was thinking when he was about to enter the house. His room was adjacent to mine. Every time this happened what I started thinking was something he brought up in conversation when I saw him. Not long ago I was thinking of someone I had forgotten about, and later that day I received an email from a friend saying that he had seen this guy on the bus after not thinking about him for a long time. I am not sure what causes coincidences, but they do occur. I will write about some more as I remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment