Saturday, January 17, 2015

New Job: I Want Mineral Water in Glass Bottles.

I am no longer a temp at the place where I have been working. I was hired this week. There are things I like and things I do not like about the company. One thing that I like is that their non-discrimination policy includes sexual orientation and gender identity. There are some cool people working in the office there. The work force there is international. I get to practice Spanish. They do not pay very much. I will not be eligible for vacation pay and holiday pay for one year. I will not be eligible for insurance coverage for ninety days. I am glad that I have a job, but I really hope I do not have to stay in this area too much longer. I prefer being laid back, but I am not going to put up with shit from my coworkers. Most of them are nice, but some of them are inconsiderate.

I like drinking mineral water, but companies have started bottling it in plastic bottles. In glass bottles mineral waters keep their flavor, but in plastic bottles they lose their taste. Plastic is also very bad for the environment. When I was in Prague one thing that disappointed me was the difficulty of finding these waters in glass bottles. The only store where I could find it was in Delvita food stores. (Delvita is owned by the same Belgian company that owns Food Lion in the U.S.) At that time it was still possible to find my favorite mineral waters in glass bottles in the U.S. I did like the fact that in Prague there was a deposit on glass bottles which encouraged people to return these bottles to the stores. I wish this was true in all of the U.S not in just a few states as is now the case. I hope they never start selling beer in plastic bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment