Friday, January 23, 2015

The Importance of Music in my Life

Music is an important part of my life. There is music that can make me want to dance. There is music that is cathartic. There is music that brings out my radical side. There is music that soothes me. Sometimes I can get lost in music. Once about twenty years ago I was in downtown Winston-Salem, and there was a band of Latin-American musicians playing. I do not remember where they were from. I got absorbed in the music. I took my shirt off and started moving to the music. There not a lot of people around, but it did not matter how many people were there or what they thought. The only thing that mattered to me was the music. It was very liberating. I may have looked crazy, but I don't care. The band was very talented, and I also wanted to let them know how much their music touched me. There have been very few moments when I have been able to lose myself like and not give a fuck what other people think. I definitely would like to see Gogol Bordello in concert. I definitely think that I could get lost in their music. Hank III is someone else I would like to see perform. I would want to be able to drink at those concerts. Not enough to get overly drunk, just enough to loosen up a bit. The music by itself would do that. I am sad that I never got to see Rage Against the Machine in concert. They are one band that brings out my radical side. The music of Combichrist satisfies my aggressive side. It is funny to me that their CD "What the F**k Is Wrong with You People" has a parental warning about explicit content. I would think that with that title it would be obvious. I am listening to Gogol Bordello to get me motivated to get going. I am not going to let anything get me down. I am ready to take on anything and anybody I need to deal with today. Too bad I can't play music at work. I am sure some people would like some of the music I would play, and some people would get pissed off. Some people say it is better to get pissed off than to get pissed on. I say it depends on who is pissing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment