Thursday, January 8, 2015

Post Inspired by Gogol Bordello

I am listening to one of my favorite songs "Immigraniada (We Comin' Rougher)" by Gogol Bordello. I would like to see them in concert. This song deals with immigration to the U.S. We definitely need immigration reform. To be honest I cannot understand the desire to immigrate here from some countries. I can understand wanting to move here from some countries in Africa where there is no freedom for the LGBTQ community and the possibility of the death penalty. I do appreciate the freedom of speech here. The treatment of immigrants needs to improve. Often people act as if those who speak English with a foreign accent are less intelligent. This is definitely not true. English pronunciation is not easy. To me German pronunciation, for example, is easier. It is more logical. On my blog an ad for getting rid of an accent has shown up. I am not happy with this ad showing up. On Facebook and in other places people in other countries think that everyone in the U.S. has a good job and a lot of money. Unfortunately this is not true. The gap between rich and poor has grown. Back to the theme of this post - if we are going to say that this country is the leader of the free world we need to be more welcoming to those from other countries who want to come here. Except for Native Americans, everyone has ancestors who came here from another country. We can learn from people from other countries. Diversity is one of the strengths of this country. Jobs that were sent abroad need to be brought back here, and all workers need to be able to make a living wage. It is possible for there to be enough jobs for the people living here and those who want to come here. Yes, we do have freedoms, but these freedoms need to be expanded. This is especially true of the freedom not to be shot. Yes, I know I have rambled here, but I like doing that. If anybody does not like it, fuck 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment