Sunday, January 18, 2015

I need to be with people with whom I can communicate openly

I know I have friends, but I wish I could be closer to them. I need to be with people with whom I can converse. I spend so much time that I sometimes have difficult talking to the people I am around. I have very little in common with the people with whom I work. Mostly they talk about their families or sports. I love the sister with whom I am living, but we have very little in common. We spent a long time away from each other. Even when we were growing up in the same house we did not spend much time together. She had her friends in school. She was more the more rebellious one when we were young, but now I am the more radical one. She has become more conservative, and I have become more liberal. There are topics that are not safe for us to discuss because our points of view are so different. I am very thankful for her. Without her I would not have a place to live now. We do have family memories in common, but in ways it seems like we were in different families even though we were in the same house. I had hoped never to want to return to this town. Sometimes communication between the two of us is difficult. At times we almost speak different languages. I had forgotten some of the expressions that are used here, and sometimes it takes me a few seconds to remember their meanings. I will always love her, but I need to get away from here. I need to be with people with whom I can talk openly and not worry about getting into an unpleasant disagreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment