Monday, January 26, 2015

Expressing Sadness and Loneliness Keeps them from Getting Unmanageable

I believe in being open with how I feel. If I am open with how I feel I may get help from friends. If I keep things in they become a heavy burden that grows. If I deal with negative feelings I am able when they are starting I can manage them. If I do not deal with them they grow into something that I cannot manage. It is much easier for me to express positive emotions. Loneliness and sadness are not necessarily negative they are just things we feel sometimes. Anger is not necessarily negative, but how we express our anger can be negative. I think it is healthy to be angry about the political state of this country. There are positive ways to express this anger and do something about it. A positive way to deal with it is to make our voices heard and to get involved and encourage others to get involved in correcting the situation. When we are sad or depressed or lonely we can deal with this in positive ways like talking about it and reaching out to friends. Letting others know that we need help is not a sign of weakness. Sometimes it can help the person to whom we reach out. I know that it helps me when a friend in need reaches out to me, because it reminds me that I have something to offer to others in friendship. I find it difficult to let out tears and laughter. Both are great releases. Part of the reason that I have difficulty crying is that my eyes tend to be a bit dry, but that is only a small part of the reason. Growing up I was often told not to cry. I was never taught that in some circumstances that tears are necessary. Laughter can be hard for me too, because in order to laugh I have to stop worrying about the possibility of looking silly. It has been a long journey to not giving a fuck about what people think about me, and the journey is not over. The road has not been a straight line, and it has not been without backtracking. I have made a lot of progress. I have friends who have helped me along the way, and I hope I have helped others along the way. I may eventually edit my writing, but I am not going to edit who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment