Thursday, January 22, 2015

Only Say Behind Other People's Backs What You Would Say to Them

I think it's a good idea not say things behind somebody's back that you would not say to their face. I try to do this, because if the person finds out what has been said an awkward situation. Also it is a good idea not so say bad things about someone in another language when that person is in your presence. That person might be able to understand. At work at times some of the people have said things in Spanish about me. At times I remind them that I understand them. I do not understand everything that is said in Spanish at work, but my comprehension is getting better. With friends who are not present I do not say things about them that I would not say in their presence. It is just not because I think they might find out, but I value friendship and honesty. Saying bad things about friends behind their backs crosses the line from being an asshole to being a douche. It is also a sign of cowardice. I do not trust people who would say to me things about someone they would not say to that person. I let my friends know how about them, especially if it is positive. I do not mind if my straight male friends know if I think they are sexy. They know that I would not do anything to harm the friendship. Being completely honest in friendship is not the same thing as saying hurtful things unnecessarily. It is a good idea not to leave a positive thing left unsaid. Encouragement should never be postponed.

No comments:

Post a Comment