Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I Like Being Generous, but I Cannot Give Money to People I Only Know Online

Often on Facebook and Tagged people ask me to give them money. I tell them that I have difficulty paying my own bills, and I cannot send anyone money. They often say that I am being selfish, and some people O have had to block when they persist in asking for money. I would like to help people I know if they need money, but I am not going to send money to people I only know online. It would be very for people to say that they need money when they are just trying to scam others. I like helping other people, but I am not able to do that at this time. It is not an easy thing to say no to people who are really in need. I cannot be sure that the people online are really in need. I get suspicious when I keep hearing similar stories from different people. One of the types of stories that I have heard a lot is of the person's parents having died and the person living with a grandparent. Usually the person claims to be the only support for the grandparent who had cared for them. There is sometimes sometimes variations, but the basic theme of these stories is the same in a lot of cases. There are other stories that I have received from various people. I cannot possibly give money to everyone who asks, and I would only give money to people I know personally. I do not want anyone who is really in need to go without the things that they need, but they need to go to someone else for financial help. I know things will get better for me, but when they do I will still not give money to people who are only online friends. I cannot help it if they think I am selfish. I enjoy being able to be generous, but that does not mean that I am gullible.


No comments:

Post a Comment