Monday, January 5, 2015

I Prefer Getting Buzzed to Getting Drunk

I can can have fun and have sex without getting drunk. I can also get drunk without making advances an every sexy man close by. When I am drunk I have difficulty speaking English. My last year in school I got drunk with a close friend, and we would usually speak French when we drank. I do not get drunk frequently, and I do not get drunk by myself. I only remember being hungover once. I do not like to get very drunk. I prefer to get slightly buzzed with friends around I am relaxed whether or not I have had anything to drink. I had a supervisor at the place where I worked in Kansas who played in a local band called Malevolent. I went to see them play a couple of times. They played hard-edged music, and I really enjoyed their music. The first time I arrived at the bar as the band was setting up to play. He told me to go get a beer. I did not need to be told, but it is not very often that I have a boss tell me to get a beer. I just drank enough to get pleasantly buzzed. I saw them again in a battle of the bands in another bar atmosphere. I always said that I did not have a rush on him,but I guess I did have a bit of one. It wasn't a serious crush. He was someone with whom I felt comfortable talking. His parents were Czech, so that was something we could talk about. We also had common tastes in beers, vodka and cigars. We could joke with each other. I would have enjoyed getting drunk with him. I do miss him. He said he was straight with a girlfriend, but I got very strong vibes that he might have been bi. He was much younger than I and also my boss, so I would not have made a pass at him. The age was not an issue, but his being my supervisor was. I sometimes gave him cigars or chocolate bars with red peppers, because I like to share things I like with people I like. His band split up, because the lead singer never felt comfortable performing in front of people. I wonder if he knew that if he had asked me to I would have sucked him off. Sometimes I talk more when I have been drinking, but it depends on who I am with. Sometimes I get self-conscious about my accent, because I never know how my words are going to come out. My syntax can get seriously fucked up when I have had a few or when I am tired. I try not to worry too much about that. If people don't like it, fuck 'em. It's just part of who I am. I can't wait until I am closer to friends with whom I can drink a few with or without sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment