Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pondering Mentioning Ethnicity when It Is not Germane to the Conversation (redacted)

Why is it that often white people tend to mention the ethnicity of someone when that person is not white. I heard someone talking about an automobile accident. She said that a Mexican woman ran a stop sign. What did her being Mexican have to do with the accident? How did she know that the women was Mexican instead of being from another country? Often people talk about black poets, when they speak about them at all. Why not just call them poets? This is also true when speaking about people from other countries. Why do we refer to a Polish director or a French singer instead of a director or singer? There are times when this may be germane to the topic, but in general it is not relevant. I never hear anybody say "A white man walked into the store," or "I saw a sexy white man." Why do we have to qualify if the person is black or of belongs to another ethnic group? There are men from all ethnic groups that I have found sexy. Is it racist that I find the scent of the genitals of most black men to be sexually stimulating? I have found that this is not true in all cases. I have not done a scientific study comparing thue scents of men's crotches and anuses, but I do like the scents of most of the African American men whom I have pleasured orally. I have sucked some black men whose cocks tasted similar to those of white men. Does this attraction to that scent make me racist? I have pondered this. I do not think that I am attracted to men based on their ethnicity, but I could be mistaken. I hope this is not the case. When I see a sexy man it is his sexiness I notice first. That does not sound to good either. I do not want to objectify anybody. There is a wide range of men I find sexy, but that is a topic for another time.
Non-hispanic people in assume that those who appear hispanic are Mexican. I o,ce heard a coworker ask someone to teach her some Mexican. The person she was addressing was from Venezuela. There are assumptions made on both sides regarding language abilities. That assumption is widespread about different groups. It is often assumed that Americans only speak English, and all Europeans speak multiple languages. Both are inaccurate assumptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment