Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Why Am I Concerned with What My Coworkers Think About Me?

I do not know why I worry so much sometimes about what other people at work think about me. I do not see them outside of the workplace. I am tired of hiding my sexual orientation. I am not interested in most of the conversations at work. I have no interest in American football. It is funny to me that some people take sports teams so seriously. You would almost think they were talking about their own families. I do not have much interest in popular culture, but this is nothing new for me. I have never watched tv very much. I definitely am not interested in the uninformed opinions of some of my coworkers. There are some people who are more open minded. I was surprised by the positive reaction my "Free Pussy Riot" t-shirt received by one of the women working in the office. As time passes I am more open in saying what I think. Conversing with some of the people is just not worth the effort. It would be easier to have an intellectual conversation with a blow-up sex doll.

I am usually surprised when something I like becomes popular. Usually people do not pay much attention to my recommendations. That does not bother me. As far as I am concerned it is their loss if they pass up on a good thing just because I was the one who recommended it. I was pleasantly surprised when the supervisor I wrote about in a recent post told others to pay attention to my beer recommendations because I knew what I was talking about. I may be a beer snob. I just like what I like. I don't like the near beers that are brewed by the larger brewers in the U.S., but I am not the only one. Their sales are falling as smaller brewers are gaining in popularity. Sometimes I just have to wait for others to catch up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment