Monday, January 26, 2015

Tastes in Music

I was once riding in a car with someone, and the radio was playing a jazz station. We listened to the the station for several minutes until the DJ said "You are listening to jazz ##.#" (I don't remember the station.) She said "I don't like jazz," and she changed the station. She seemed to be enjoying it until she found out it was jazz. I bit my tongue and did not say anything. I knew she would deny liking it. I also had a hard time keeping from laughing. I try to keep an open about music and other things. There are some kinds of music I enjoy more in languages other than English. There are some singers whose songs I enjoy when they sing in their native tongues but not in English. Tarkan is a Turkish singer whose music I enjoy, but I do like his songs more in Turkish. I Enjoy Basshunter's music, but I do have slight preference to his songs in English. I had an album of a concert by Edith Piaf where she sang in French and English. Her singing was more natural in French. I have to admit that I did have to get used to her voice, but once I did I loved it and still do. She may not have had the most polished voice, but she could convey so much in her songs. I enjoy Julio Iglesias when he sings in Spanish. He has sung in several languages, but I would prefer not to hear him sing in English or French. Dee Dee Bridgewater, on the other hand, sings very well in English or French. She is an amazing singer. I also enjoy hearing Joan Baez singing in English and Spanish. I enjoy hearing rap in different languages, but I do not like a lot of the rap that becomes popular. This should not be surprising to anyone who knows me. MC Solaar raps well in French and English. I think it's time to listen to some DJ Vadim or DJ Cam and slow down for the night.
Listening DJ Vadim now. Ilove his music no matter what the language. Sometimes the songs flow seemlessly from one language to another. He successfully blends different styles, rap, reggae, electronic, soul, etc. He, DJ Cam, Sasha, LTJ Bukem and Paul Oakenfold a produce some of my favorite music. I am thankful to the friend who introduced me to their music. I hiope my taste in music never stagnates.


No comments:

Post a Comment