Saturday, January 24, 2015

Good beer and good music - a great combination

The best combination for me is drinking good beer and listening to a live rowdy, hardcore music. I went to a battle of the bands in Lawrence, Kansas. I went to support Malevolent, the band my supervisor at work was playing in. I voted for his band, not just because he was in it, but because I thought they were the best band there. I went after church with the pastor of the church I was attending. He agreed with me that Malevolent was the best band that played. All of the bands were hardcore. The beer was not the best, but I could tolerate it. It was cheap too. What was fucked up was that the members of the bands could vote. It was not a large crowd, but there were enough people to make it fun. Anyway, with the band members voting, the band with the most members won the battle. They were not the best. I liked them least. There name was Brass Knuckle Betty. I cannot remember the names of the other bands. I still wear a couple of Malevolent t-shirts even though the band split up long ago. I went to Ziggy's in Winston-Salem with a friend a number of times. Ziggy's was a great venue for live music. I saw Donne the Buffalo, Burning Spear, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, the Misfits and others there. There was a great bar there. I could drink good beer, take my shirt off and lose myself in the music there. At the Burning Spear concert there was a lot of a certain substance being smoked. (That reminds me of a time when I was in a location I will not name when I was smoking with friends. I had a mustache, and I accidentally burned it when I was lighting up. I had to shave my mustache off. Burnt hair is not something you want right under your nose.) Once we went to a festival there where there were hardcore bands playing. The only one I remember was a band called Spite from Charlotte. The main reason that I remember them was because of their drummer. After they came onstage he stripped down to a studded black leather jockstrap. He was hot! When he started playing I knew why he did not want to wear much. His energy was intense. I wonder if he was as energetic in other situations. Too bad I was not able to find out. I did like their music, high energy punk. I do not know what happened to them. I never heard anything else about them. Well, I do also enjoy drinking good beer and hearing good acoustic bands too, like in the bar in Prague I mentioned in an earlier post.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment