Friday, January 9, 2015

Getting More Comfortable at Work

There are things about my current job that are better than my previous one. I am gradually feeling more comfortable with my coworkers. There were some people at my previous job with whom I enjoyed talking, but I do not miss the attitudes of some of the people. There were some people there who wanted to be hateful to me, but  I never responded to them in the same way. If I said anything in response, even a gentle response, they would complain to leads on the job. I do not miss them. I do feel a bit self conscious at my current job, because my Spanish is not better. It is improving. Sometimes I have some difficulties understanding some of the people. The dialect is a little different from what I learned. Being able to practice is one of the things I enjoy about this job. I would like to have a job that is more challenging intellectually, but it is not a bad job. Sometimes it is irritating when there are meetings where announcements are made in Spanish and English when what is said in Spanish is in much more detail than what is said in English. I am relaxing more in the workplace, and hiding less of who I am. I will go from being a temp to being a company employee soon. There are some cool people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment