Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Conquering Fear of Failure

One sentence I remember translating in Latin class was "He was for a long time, but he did not live a long time." I do not remember the Latin. I do not want this to be said about me. Progress is never made by people who let fear of failure stop them, and they do not let failures stop them. When we fail we learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a lesson that I am still learning. I have too often let the fear of rejection stop me from submitting my writing for publication. The time has come for me to put this behind me. I have too often let my own insecurities get in my way. I am the only one who can change this. I have drawn inspiration from some fighters in MMA, Urijah Faber, Georges Saint-Pierre and Jens Pulver among others. Urijah Faber had to deal with people who said that he was too small to have a career as a fighter. GSP grew up being bullied. Jens Pulver had a difficult childhood with an abusive father. All three overcame obstacles to become champions. The time has come for me to stop letting my self doubts get in my way. I have some things to say, and I am going to say them.
The only sport of which I am a fan is MMA, but I would like to see a hockey match, preferably in Prague or Bratislava.

No comments:

Post a Comment