Monday, October 13, 2014

No Form of Bullying Should Be Tolerated

I am glad that there is more attention to bullying today. I think it is a good sign that I have seen more videos posted online about parents who stand up to get schools to allow their children to be who they are. If LGBTQ children are taught to love and accept themselves they will be happier. I think that parents who throw their children out of their homes for being gay or transgender should be arrested for child abuse. Too many teenagers end up living on the street because of parents who show hate instead of love. I cannot understand how anybody can treat their own children that way. I hope that we see an increase in the number of parents who love and accept their LGBTQ children. Another possibility that I would like to see happen is for same-sex couples to be able to marry and adopt these children who have been abandoned by their own families. One heartbreaking film that I saw is "Mandragora" directed by Wiktor Grodecki. It is about teens who for various reasons end up living on the streets of Prague. They are preyed on by men who lure them into prostitution. I would to see the day when things like this stop happening. All children should be brought up knowing that they are loved.
Bullying also happens among adults. Things like lists of the "ugliest celebrities," "worst dressed," etc. are a form of bullying.  The people who make these lists seem to forget that their comments are hurtful or they do not care if they hurt someone. The type of humor that I have never found funny makes fun of others. Their have been comedians who make fun of groups of people or other celebrities. This is another form of bullying. No form of bullying should be tolerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment