Saturday, October 18, 2014

octipus rex 24

(From Thomas' Journal)

The lease on my apartment expires tomorrow, so I moved in with Joy on the thirteenth floor of the Hotel Nicholas today. the task was lightened by two factors: (1) I was moving in with some good friends. (2) Martin helped me.
I put some of my clothes in Joy's castle. I put my books, my reproductions of art by Escher, and the rest of my clothes in a room that had been empty. I also put my bed, desk and several chairs there. I want to have a place where I can spend some time alone.
Vaclav brought me some unusual tea at 4:00 and we discussed Günter Grass'novels. I still feel funny talking to a cat.
Joy came in at around 4:3330 and gave me a book on Berlin to welcome me to the thirteenth floor.
This evening I was welcomed to the hotel Nicholas with a special dinner. Everyone gave me a gift. Martin gave me a copy of Tender Buttons by Gertrude Stein. Martin gave me a painting of Oskar. Andre-Richard gave me a copy of one of his novels, swimming across the sahara desert. John gave me a poem that he had written in honor of the occasion. (This shocked everyone.) Vaclav must have planned the menu, because we had catnip salad, eel stew, flounder and anteater milk.
Meeting this group of people has made my life much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment