Sunday, October 12, 2014

octipus rex 5

(Vaslav's comments to Aleksandr after Reading Andre-Richard's Journal)

Andre-Richard gave me his journal to read the other day. he is certain that it will be published after his death and hailed a literary masterpiece. the style with which he writes in it is humorous, he uses ridiculously long sentences. many times he could use simpler words and phrases. he thinks that this impresses others. I could never be impressed by someone as flashy and shallow as he.
if his novels are written in the same style I do not think that I shall read them. the fact that "I" is the only thing that he capitalizes in not worthy of comment.
every entry ends with "bonsoit, buenas noches, boa noite, buon sera, goodnight." he may know how to speak these languages, but  why must he try to impress others with this knowledge.
I would enjoy being with Andre-Richard more if he would relax and be himself. He has a nice personality, but he is afraid of opening up to others, and he tries too to impress everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment