Sunday, October 12, 2014

octipus rex 4

(From Andre-Richard's Journal)
what a weekend! it was one that will never be forgotten. it is sad that it was too short as all weekends are. I was elated to have terminated another of the snail-paced weeks of inspecting chocolate-covered cherries and was looking forward to the dinner party that we were going to have in my tree house that evening. herbert, martin, joy and I were going to be the only ones present, but we always enjoyed having the opportunity to dress formally once in awhile.
it was fortunate that my formal jock strap, black with silver embroidery, had arrived thursday and my violet ruffled t-shirt had come back from the dry cleaners; with that I was going to wear my gold vest.
at approximately seven o'clock john blew the foghorn and raymond yelled, "where is the octipus rex?" we sat down to an exquisite meal of penguin cooked in wine sauce, mushrooms cooked with catnip and a marvelous wine. entertainment was provided by raymond who interpreted de falla's concerto for harpsichord after which gainesborough played magnificently on his kazoo. heperformed several pieces by hindemith.
I am going to construct a staircase up to my tree house. it was difficult to keep from laughing when I saw joy climbing the tree in her evening gown and spike-heeled shoes.
after dinner I remained in my tree house in order to work on my novel, the adventures of a flea in the ear of joao gomes de matos. many copies are sure to be sold, because adventure novels are the rage of social circles this week.
I fell asleep in the early hours of the morning. in the late afternoon when I awoke I still had my pen in my hand. when I climbed out of the tree I encountered francesca who scolded me for sleeping so late. I had slept through lunch and it was it was almost time for dinner and I was supposed to prepare this meal.
I had put on my apron that pierre saint-klein had designed for me and was beginning to cook when herbert came in and informed me that I should have started cooking forty-seven minutes earlier. I prepared spaghetti with seahorse sauce and cactus bread and we imbibed cactus juice. we consumed this meal at the edge of the lake.
after dinner we rehearsed martin's arrangement of one of shostakovich's string quarters: herbert played violin, martin played trumpet, joy played krummhorn and I played slide whistle. we are going to perform it in the metro in paris next weekend. this morning martin, herbert and I consumed our breakfast in joy's abode. we consumed fried alligator eggs and sauteed kangaroo-rat legs.
I cam back to my tree house and finished my novel. after that I swam in the lake, I want to stay in shape, because I would die of shame if I had flabby buttocks.
my lunch consisted of figs that I picked from the tree in which my tree house was constructed.
bonsoir, buenas noches, boa noite, buonasera, goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment