Thursday, October 16, 2014

octipus rex 18

(From My Journal)
Several weeks ago, at an exhibit of works by Escher, I met a professor at the University for Those Who Think That They Might Like to Continue Their Education. His name is Thomas. He told me about the book on which he was working at the time, Calculus without Artificial Difficulties. He explained to me that too many calculus textbooks make calculus appear more difficult than it is, and in doing this they either frustrate or bore the student. Thomas wanted to do away with these "artificial difficulties" in his book.
Thomas is handsome with gorgeous brown eyes and a pleasant personality.
I saw Thomas several days ago, so I invited him to dinner the next day. That night I told John (John was going to cook dinner the next evening.) that there was going to be another person at dinner the following evening.
After dinner Thomas suggested going to see a re-release of "Citizen Kane." We went to Thomas' apartment after the movie. I did not think that he would have been able to endure a night on the thirteenth floor, he will need time to grow accustomed to it. Thomas' apartment building is rather dull. We took the elevator up to his floor, The only thing that could be seen was a long hall with doors on both sides.
Thomas has a nice apartment.In the living room there are reproductions of a few of Escher's works. He has a rather extensive library, and in his bedroom there is also a king-size bed.
I Hope Thomas was not scared away by the thirteenth floor of the Hotel Nicholas.

No comments:

Post a Comment