Friday, October 24, 2014

Longing for Friends in Lawrence

Before I can vote in the election next month I have to get a North Carolina ID., but doing that is a difficult move for me. I currently have a Kansas ID. One of the reasons that I have kept it that I still hope to move back there to be close to my friends there. They are true friends who stay in touch with me when they are not too tired from work. I miss talking and drinking with them. I do not have to hide anything about who I am when I am with them. I would not be happy to go back to the job that I had in Lawrence if it means being close to friends. I had heard people say that once you live in Lawrence it is hard to stay away. I did not believe it when I was there, but I believe it now. I also miss downtown Lawrence. There were a couple of great coffee shops, Z's Divine Cafe and The Bourgeois Pig. There are some great bars too, Jefferson's Restaurant has great beers and delicious oysters. I ate and drank there a few times with one of my friends there. It was good that I was not driving. Nothing is better than good beer, food and company....well except having those things with hot sex along with them. Even if I do get a new ID I will not give up on my plans of moving back there.
I have friends all over the place. I have not seen some of them in a long time. I am not saying anything against my friends who read this. If I do move back to Lawrence or end up moving somewhere I will be moving towards something or someone not moving away from anyone. It is true though that I do not feel at home in the town where I am even though it is my hometown.
One thing I would really like to do some day is to take some language classes at KU. I have heard that they have a very good language department.
I do not know what the future holds for me, but I do believe that things will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment