Friday, October 3, 2014

Sites in Ukraine, Turkey, Slovakia, etc. I Want to See

There are sites around the world I would like to see. The Potemkin Steps In Odessa, Ukraine would be at the top of the list. I first became aware of this site in the famous scene in the film "Battleship Potemkin" by Sergei Eisenstein. I did not know until more recently about the optical illusion of the steps. I would like to see the Bosphorus  Bridge in Istanbul, Turkey as well as other sites in that country. I have had some good friends from Turkey. I would like to see Poprad in Slovakia as well as some of the countryside there. I have long wanted to visit St. Petersburg in Russia. Also there are friends on Facebook in Poland, Russia and other countries I wish I could meet in person. I would love to be able to travel from all around Europe by train. I would rather avoid going through U.S. customs again at the airport in Frankfurt, Germany. I had to go through extra security there, because my hair was longer than it was in my passport photo. There was one other person who had to go through the same amount of security that I did. If I fly out of Prague again. I will be sure that I do not have to wait as long as I did when I returned to the U.S. in 2004. I do not know if it is still the same, but there was no comfortable place if you have to wait for a long period of time. I can understand that they do not expect people to be there for eight hours waiting for a plane, but I had to do that. I will always love that city and I want to see more of that country as well. I do enjoy Czech beer, but there are other reasons I want to go back. Among other things I want to get some CDs by Daniel Landa.

No comments:

Post a Comment