Sunday, October 26, 2014

Kontroll

Another country I would like to visit and know more about is Hungary. I love the music of that country. One of my favorite films is "Kontroll." The entire movie takes place in the subway of Budapest. I found the main characters very likable. I can appreciate the humor of the film. It is a film that I can watch multiple times. Bela Bartok is one of my favorite composers. His string quartets, "The Wooden Prince" and his Concerto for Orchestra are among my favorite pieces of music. Hungarian would probably be a challenging language for me, but that may be because I know very little about it. I am embarrassed by my ignorance. I do not know much more than that the language is called Magyar. I would love to visit Budapest. I had hoped to visit there when I was in Europe.
I tried to watch "Borat" a few years ago, but I found it very offensive. Humor that makes fun of Central or Eastern Europe is not something I want to hear or see. I was very pissed off early in the movie. I did not watch much of "Borat." I need to take time to watch some of the films I have from Serbia and Macedonia . I will write more about some films I do enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment