Wednesday, October 15, 2014

octipus rex 16

(From Vaclav's Journal)
during the day I cleaned up my room and Herbert and Martin's room. Martin was painting in the swamp.
Herbert came in and collapsed in one of their chairs. later Joy came in arm in arm with a handsome chap with a bewildered look on his face. she introduced him as Thomas and said that he was going to be dining with them (the humans). the look on his face reminded me of a small child lost in a large forest.
Andre-Richard came in wearing radish-red moccasins, eggplant-purple bikini briefs with cucumber-green "P.S.K." in the traditional spot and mustard-yellow bow tie. Thomas looked as if he could not decide whether to laugh or regurgitate, he did neither, he only looked more confused.
I decided that I should not confuse the man further by speaking, so I walked back to my room on all fours and curled up in the middle of my bed for a nap. I even meowed on the way back to my room, I had almost forgotten how.
I wonder his reaction to the foghorn and Raymond's yelling of "where is the octipus rex," was. I am sure that he was confused even more. After taking my nap I drank some darjeeling tea and started reading Julia by Ana María Moix.
I was enjoying reading when I noticed that it was almost 22:00, scottish tea time. I had started making the tea when Martin and Herbert came in laughing at Thomas' reactions to the food at dinner.
after we drank the tea and Herbert and Martin had gone to their room I finished reading Julia and now I shall go to bed.
goodnight.

(A Note from Herbert to Thomas)
thomas,
i could not help but notice that you were uncomfortable during your visit to the thirteenth floor of the hotel nicholas yesterday. the thirteenth floor of the hotel nicholas is a unique place and you may need some time to grow accustomed to it. i hope that your impression will not prevent you from visiting us again.
sincerely,
herbert
p.s. please feel free to drop by any day at 16:00 or 22:00 for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment