Wednesday, October 15, 2014

octipus rex 17

(From Thomas' Journal)
Several weeks ago I met Joy, a beautiful woman who seemed interested in the book I was working on at that time, Calculus Without Artificial Difficulties.
A couple of days ago I saw her again, and she invited me to her place for dinner. I was supposed to meet her at 3:30 in front of the Hotel Nicholas. She wanted me to meet some of her friends before we ate.
Yesterday, when I arrived at the hotel she was waiting for me. The hotel does not have elevators, so we had to the thirteenth floor, where she lives. At first I doubted the existence of the thirteenth floor and was questioning her sanity. I am not used to climbing stairs and was rather tired when we got there. When Joy opened to the hallway I started questioning my own sanity. I wondered if I really saw a forest, a desert and catnip growing in the hall.
After resting a few minutes and letting what I thought I saw sink in we went to an unusual room and I met a couple of Joy's friends, Martin and Herbert.
Then a guy who was dressed strangely walked in. He was introduced as Andre-Richard. He was sporting red boots, purple bikini briefs with the initials "P.S.K."in front and a thin yellow bow tie. His outfit reminded me of a nightmare I once had. After he came in a black cat that had been standing on its hind legs in a corner got down on all fours and disappeared into a room behind the one we were in.
We talked for a couple of hours and Martin showed me some of his paintings. Some of them were cubistic, others reminded me of Fantastic Realism in literature, and there were a few that were very realistic. Our conversation was interrupted by the sound of a foghorn (?) and someone yelling, "Where is the octopus, Rex?" (?) Joy said, "Oh, it's time for dinner." (?) This fit in with everything else I had seen that afternoon.
Joy, Martin, Andre-Richard, Herbert and I walked down the hall to the edge of a lake. (?) Dinner was served by a guy with red hair. He had an alligator with him.
The food was delicious as long as I did not think about what I was eating. We ate frog soup, kangaroo-rat steaks and baked cactus and drank cactus juice.
Joy and I went to the movies after dinner. Joy came with me to my apartment after the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment