Saturday, October 11, 2014

octipus rex 3

(From Vaclav's Journal)

I was discussing Sartre with Aleksandr Dmitrievich Pavlovsky, the only mouse who ever evaded my claws (I surprised him one night when he was reading Huis clos by Sartre by candlelight. I could never kill a mouse who was that intelligent.) when Herbert knocked at my door to remind me that it was a holiday and he was going to be home all day. he was in an especially good mood because Martin had returned from one of his trips the day before. Herbert, Martin and I drank tea in my room as we listened to Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra. Joy came by later and entertained us by playing one of her pieces for recorder. she is very talented, especially for a human. her compositions are beautiful, but music for recorder is not "in fashion" this year, so she has to continue working in a cigarette-lighter factory. Andre-Richard came by later to inform Herbert, Martin and Joy that lunch was ready. he was wearing a scarlet cassock which was open in the front and black bikini briefs with "p.s.k." embroider in front in pink.
I then went to play among the catnip. I cannot say how long I was there. I only remember the sensation of floating on a purple cloud and eating filet mignon.
unfortunately that dream was brought to an abrupt end by my stomach who was reminding me that I had not yet eaten lunch. I went to Herbert and Martin's room and caught a mouse.
after gargling to get rid of the bad breath from having eaten a mouse I curled up in the centre of my bed and read Les chaises by Ionesco.
Herbert and Martin returned later in the afternoon for tea. they were laughing and joking. I was glad to see Herbert smiling again. Herbert is not himself when Martin is not here, he needs to learn to enjoy the time he has to himself. I do not think they realised that I had made the tea with catnip leaves. am I not sneaky.
Herbert and Martin ate their dinner of lizard lips in their room. Joy brought me a saucer of cream. Joy is always so thoughtful.

(John speaks.)

Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how are you?...I am fine...Hello, how...HOLD IT! Joy, how can you expect John to say any more than this? You know that after his larynx was removed it was replaced with a tape recorder so that he would appear to be the same as he was before the operation, because he almost never said anything else. (Thatwas a word from the OMNISCIENT COMPUTER.)

No comments:

Post a Comment