Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Why I write about my political and religious views

As I write about my ongoing exploration of politics and religion I want to make it clear that I am only speaking for myself. I am not saying that people who disagree with me are wrong. I am only saying what I think. There are people who are much more knowledgeable about these subjects than I am. I am posting these things in my blog, because it shows another aspect of who I am. If I hide who I am it only makes me feel bad about who I am. I know that I am not wrong to be who I am. What I think is wrong is to harm another person emotionally or physically. I think that we can all learn from other people who think differently than we do. I do not believe in forcing one's beliefs on others. I remember hearing George Carlin saying that religion is like a lift on your shoe. If that is what you want that's fine, but don't go to other countries and force lifts on the feet (shoes?) of the natives. (It has been a long time since I heard that, so please forgive me if I fucked that up. It is basically what he said.)
I do not like the terms "Developing Countries" and "Developed Countries." To me the former is a derogatory term. Many countries that are seen as "developing" have civilizations that have been around longer than the cultures who use that term to refer to them. All countries are developing in some way. The so-called "developed" countries still need to make progress in many areas. I am not talking about technological development even though that is a continuous process. One of the areas that needs progress in the area of human rights. That is one thing I will not stop talking about as long as there are human right violations. The Police recorded a song that I like very much, "One World (Not Three)" It has the line "One world is enough for all of us." There is one race of people, the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment