Thursday, October 23, 2014

Speaking Spanish at Work, Vitamin D, and Two Things I Need to Keep on Doing to Improve my Mood

When I got the the call from the temp agency I spoke with a woman in Spanish. I thought that I would be speaking more Spanish on the job. There are some people there who do not speak English, but I do not have much of an opportunity to speak Spanish with them. Slowly I am able to get some practice. It is a warehouse job. The company where I am working was not informed that I speak Spanish, but slowly people are realizing that I do. I have gotten rusty, but my comprehension is improving. There is lifting involved. Not too heavy, but heavier than I have been used to lately. I need the exercise. The time seems to pass more quickly than it did at my previous job. Moving around helps. I am not fond of standing in one spot. I will be glad when I get back to being able to hold a conversation in Spanish. This is the first job that I have where speaking Spanish was part of my getting hired. Some of the people with whom I work are trying to learn English. At times I have difficulty hearing people because of background noise, and they assume it is because my Spanish is not very good. I would not be able to hear them no matter what language they spoke in. Some of the people are very nice, and some are real pains. That's the same anywhere.
I got a call from my physician's office. I have a vitamin D deficiency. They want me to take a supplement.
There are two things that I can do now that help my mood: writing and eating more. I have mentioned that I am happiest when I do not hide who I am. Another thing that can make me feel somewhat depressed is not eating enough. On my days off I tend not to eat as much, and then I get a bit down. I need to work on that. I don't need to eat a lot, but I need to be sure that I eat enough to keep from getting down. These are two things that are so simple, but sometimes I tend to forget. I am going to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment