Saturday, October 18, 2014

octipus rex 25

(From Vaclav's Journal)

Thomas has been living on the thirteenth floor of the Hotel Nicholas for a couple of weeks. He still seems a bit disoriented. he was rather stunned when it started raining in the forest. I do not know why he was startled, where there is a forest there is rain.
when he is not talking about mathematics I enjoy conversing with him. he rarely comes to my room to see me and when we do see each other he seems a bit shy when he does speak to me, perhaps he is shy when addressing a source of vast knowledge. the other animals feel snubbed, because he does not talk to them often.
he still hesitates before eating. he has to tell himself that what he is eating is what he is accustomed to eating. for example, he tells himself that he is eating beef instead of kangaroo-rat steak. I do not see what difference this makes if they are both non-sapient animals. also he wants all of his meats "well done."
I looked through the books that Thomas uses in teaching at the university. the study of mathematics does not appeal to me, there is not enough room for the use of imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment