Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Things In octipus rex that were more realistic than I knew

When I was writing octipus rex I did not realize that some of the things I wrote about would be reflected in my own life and in other places. I had known people who worked in factories during the summer to earn money for school, and I grew up in a mill town. My idea of giving the characters the jobs that they had was that they would express their creativity outside of their work. They did not define themselves by their jobs. The jobs would possibly be short term until they were able to earn enough through their artistic goals. I did not know when I was writing this that I would have boring jobs, but it is only recently that I have found a creative outlet in this blog.
When I had the Omniscient Computer I don't think there had been anything written about artificial intelligence. Also at the time I had not heard of anyone smoking catnip. I looked online to what I could find out about it. It seems that it is related to marijuana, and some people do smoke it go get a kind of high. I had not heard of anyone making tea with it either, but it is used for that too. I was just having fun playing with ideas. There is still more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment